[access-uk] Re: Recommendations for a new mobile

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:29:09 -0000

If you read this after the Vodaphone shop closes on Sunday
(assuming yours opens Sunday) don't bother to read on.  You
could be upset.

I should also add that I can in no way whatsoever guarantee
you will be entitled to the same offer described below.

I've had a contract with Vodaphone for many years, paying
currently £11.91 (Ex VAT) a month.  I'm entitled to a phone
upgrade once a year, though usually my wife takes advantage
of that, passing on the new phone to her son in Denmark,
where mobile phones cost the absolute earth.

Anyway, I decided on the spur of the moment this afternoon
to see what an 8 GB Nokia N95 would set me back, so called
into my local Vodaphone shop in Northampton.

Surprise, surprise.  There is a special offer on for my
tariff, but only for today and tomorrow, which apparently is
to compete with O2 launching some IPod thing or another this
weekend.

I did however have to commit to an 18 month contract, but
there was no change of monthly cost.

But they did give me a free pay as you go simcard.

Oh yes!  And the cost?  FREE!

(But remember, the offer ends when the shop closes on Sunday
11th November)

George.