[access-uk] Re: Recommendations for a GPS App for the Iphone

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:33:24 -0000

Hi Sharon.

I wouldn't say you were being spoiled for choice "smile", each app has a distinctive purpose though in many cases the functionality does cross over somewhat. Ariadne and Look Around tell you where you are with more or less accuracy, though with Ariadne, you can explore a virtual map of your surroundings where as with Look Around, you have access to nearest points of interest and cross street information. What you need to do is decide what tools you'd find most useful in any given situation. There are tonnes of other apps which can use your position for various things, including Metro Cab Finder, Next Buses, train times and on.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Sharon Bowell
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 1:26 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Recommendations for a GPS App for the Iphone

Many thanks,

I'm being spoilt for choice here, smiles.

Sharon