[access-uk] Recent Pop Up Problems

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:51:01 -0000

Hi List.

I've been surfing the web quite happily for years now and have found that
the built-in IE7 pop-up blocker - and Adshield before that - handled pop-ups
extremely well, with only the occasional one or two sneaking through.
However, over the last couple of days I'm being driven to distraction by the
damn things, there're everywhere! Are folks still using Adshield for
example?

I'd be interested to know what people feel is a useful defence against these
things nowadays. And also, what is reckoned to be an effective anti adware
blocker?

Many thanks.

Darran