[access-uk] Re: Really good, accessible web sites.

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 23:00:57 +0100

hi all, i think some of the problems we come across with websites is due to
confusion about what is considered *accessible* and what isn't. by this i
mean, a line needs to be drawn when we criticise websites between, what is
*inaccessible* and what's simply *difficult* to use. just because a website
is a little difficult to use, does that make it inaccessible? personally i'd
say no it doesn't. but there will be a lot of people out there who say it
does. also, i wonder sometimes just how much time folks spend on a website
before declaring it inaccessible. and my final thought for now, what exactly
do we all mean by inaccessible? how about folks provide examples of websites
they consider inaccessible? this'll give us all an idea of what exactly
we're getting at! there's a lot of people on this list all with varying
abilities, so that should provide some interesting results.
Kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion list
contact me via email/msn:
kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx