[access-uk] Re: Really good, accessible web sites.

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:51:12 +0100

George,

Agreed. Web design is an industry that has largely grown out of hobbiests and people who are self taught. To a large extent it's still this way, although there are a growing number of us banging on about the fact that there is a better way.

We user tested a site recently that had been designed with a pale green background and lime green text. In an odd reversal of role, the only people who could bear to use the site were the ones who couldn't see it.

Tink.
----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>