[access-uk] Re: Reading e-mail on the move

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:45:18 -0000

Hi,

Actually it ain't necessarily so!

You are correct in that if you connect and manage an IMAP account, the
commands have to be sent to the server.  However, in the case of the
Nokia IMAP client, it connects, and downloads the messages up to a
certain size, then disconnects.  You perform a sync operation when you
want to sync the changes you make to your folders with what is on the
server.

So it depends entirely on how the client interacts with the server.

Andrew.