[access-uk] Reading elapsed time.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: colin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:02:45 +0000

Greetings,

I have GoldWave v5.25 which, I believe, is still the latest version, I have
WindowsXP Home with latest updates, I have Jaws v9.0 with, so far as I know
latest update and I have v.10.0 Public Beta2 ready to try.

I also have, so far as I am aware, the latest scripts compiled and installed
for GoldWAve, these were written for v5.22 but I was advised work equally
well with v5.25 so no rewrite was felt to be necessary.

I am using the program on a new Compak laptop and an older Evesham laptop
and the behaviour is the same on both machines.

Why, then, with all this, when I pause the file using the space bar, I then
try and read elapsed time by shift with control and e, do I get an elapsed
time of 0.0 yet if I pause the file using the f7 key, I get a correct
reading?  In both cases, a second press of the appropriate key resumes the
file as I would expect and issuing the control shift e reads the correct
time as the file continues to play.

Is this a scripting, or goldwave issue?

I am basically just intrigued, as though inconvenient, it does not really
cause me undue problems.

From Colin Howard near Southampton in Southern England.