[access-uk] Re Update: Re: any Windows 8 users, please read?

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 14:57:57 -0000

Hello All,

I just tried Tom's Windows Key U and Windows Key ENTER
suggestion but, again, nothing audible happened.

I have also noticed that there are no system/internal
speaker beeps or confirmation sounds either, such as when
you unplug and then replug a USB keyboard.

It may be that the copy I have is, indeed, as someone
suggested, starting in safe mode and so no drivers are
loaded and Narrator cannot start from this environment.

It looks like I'm going to have to wait until I can get some
one in on Sunday or early in the week.

thanks for all the suggestions.
John.