[access-uk] Re: Raspberry Pi Accessibility Advances

  • From: Georgina Joyce <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 22:48:59 +0100

Hello Mike,

That's great news, thanks.

I wondered I'm guessing you used espeak? Did you use espeakup or speechd-up, or whatever the connectors are called? Is there any need to faff with speech dispatcher? What's with brltty?

Gena

On 13/04/2013 19:33, Michael A. Ray wrote:

Hello list,

Please excuse this post if you are not interested in the Raspberry Pi
mini-computer.

I know one or two people on here have expressed in interest so here goes.

Over the last week or so, one member of the raspberry-vi email list I
created in January has succeeded in getting Emacspeak to work on Arch
Linux running on the Pi.

And in the last few days I have got the SpeakUp console-mode
screen-reader running by recompiling the Raspbian kernel with support
for SpeakUp.

I will be making a download available at:

http://www.raspberryvi.org/

As soon as I have finished preparing the image.

Mike

--
"If you want someone who thinks outside the box, hire someone who lives outside the box" Barbara Otto