[access-uk] Re: Radio Downloader bad news and request for alternatives

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 00:38:35 +0100

Greetings,

You advise us to type:

get_iplayer --type=radio --get "name of program"

what format is the program name?

Let us say I want to get hold of Sounds of the Seventies from Radio 2 for
Sunday 2013 06 30, what exactly would I enter in the field where the program
being desired is placed?  How intelligent is the program?  I assume also it
will get the latest of any program so, for instance, if I want a program in
five episodes such as one of the series on R4E such as in the crime and
thrillers, how accurate do I have to be?  I may wish to obtain part 3
broadcast last Wednesday but now, it is Monday morning.

A case in point is "Poirot 3 Act Tragedy" which was as shown on the R4E
website, if I simply put as above, what, if anything is given? Obviously,
the details then go on to say "Episode 3" and on the next line on the
website it gives the strapline associated with part 3.

Also, the program is first on Wednesday at 6:00, then 13:00, then 20:00 and
finally Thursday at 01:00.