[access-uk] Re: RUBBER STAMPING SIGNATURE

  • From: Colin r. Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:48:56 +0000

Greetings,

When I sign anything, I ask the person to place my left index finger at the
left end of the area into which the signature is required, I place my pen
against the right hand side of the finger and write following with my left
index finger.  I rarely go off the line, my signature is recognizably mine
and to date, have never had a signature refused in well over forty five
years.

In my situation, I was blessed firstly in having useable sight until my
early twenties, also a mother who, thoughtfully, made a model of my
signature out of plastocene, I then copied and copied, making it smaller
then eventually, it is reliable and almost constant.

I recall on one occasion a member from this list sold me a modem and when I
advised I would write the cheque, surprisingly said did I do my own cheques?
This person said they always had cheques written for them, I replied at the
time, I'd only ever had two cheques refused in over thirty five years, one
becuase I forgot to sign, the other, more recently, because it bounced.

No further communication resulted from our transaction and my bank statement
indicated the cheque was cashed, from which I assume all to be satisfactory.

I wonder if the person remembers the incident?  It happened about twelve
years ago when we were both involved with an organization, I was editor,
they, I think, secretary.  I believe we had a committee meeting at their
flat in (I won't say as I'm sure the person knows by now).

From Colin Howard, who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.