[access-uk] Re: RSS reader?

  • From: Kevin Morris <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:45:02 +0000

Kevin Morris wrote:
Catherine Turner wrote:
Hi,

Are people here using RSS readers?  If so which reader are you using?

I ask because so far I've not had any luck in finding one that does
what I want and is accessible.  I want a web based one because I want
to reader from my laptop or my phone.  But so far I haven't found one
that I can organise my feeds in an accessible way.  I subscribe to a
lot of feeds and I want to put them in folders.

I used to use newsgator but they don't do a web service any more.  I
tried bloglines but they require you to drag and drop when you want to
put things into folders.  I tried newsisfree and can't actually
remember the problem I had with it, but it was significant.  Same with
news alloy.  I looked briefly at google reader but there were some
unlabelled buttons and I was put off by the fact it says stories are
marked as read after displaying for a certain time and are marked read
by a colour.

Anyone using a web based reader you like?

Catherine

I find the one which comes with Webbie very good.

Kevin

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with Mozilla Thunderbird so apologies for the earlier, nonsensical message. What I did, in fact mean to say is that Webbie contains a very accessible newsreader.

Regards,

Kevin