[access-uk] Re: RNIB and Sendero Group release GPS Solution.

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 09:42:25 +0100

Hi Carol

I tend to agree with you, also being a casual user.  I also think that if it
is going to be around £6 a month, it wouldn't be viable for me personally as
I would rather put that money to something more useful.  This isn't a
criticism, just a thought from my own perspective.

I really must read this guide and either confirm or rethink my initial
doubts on one or two things.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate

From: Mark Bishop <franciscan.me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Tuesday, 6 May 2014 9.44 pm

sponsoring me at www.livebelowtheline.com/me/franciscan

Of vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: 06 May 2014 19.22
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: RNIB and Sendero Group release GPS Solution.
>
> My first observation about this app.
>
> First of all I have only just installed it and only plaied about with it
for a short time. I need to advise that I haven't walked out and about with
it yet and only plaied about here at home. Hving said that, I must say that
although it definitely recognised my address, sadly it claims that there are
no near by places even though this is definitely not true. For example,
there is a pub, an off licence and a couple of shops all within about 5
minutes or less walking distance from here. It says that it partly uses
google maps and google maps certainly recognises those location, but this
app does not.

> Also, in order to find friends near by it says that you have to log in to
facebook, but I don't see anywhere with in this app an option to do so. So
how does one log in to fb with this app?

> So, it's hard to judje how good this app is, as I said,  it is
disappointing that it doesn't recognise certain points of interest near by
my flat, but as I also mentioned, I haven't walked about with it therefore I
most certainly didn't fully test it.

Of Steve Nutt
> Sent: 06 May 2014 05.35
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: RNIB and Sendero Group release GPS Solution.
>
> Hi,
>
> And for you Android guys, http://www.guidedots.org and it's free.
>
> All the best
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Computer Room Services
> 77 Exeter Close
> Stevenage
> Hertfordshire
> SG1 4PW
> Tel: 644(0(1438-742286
> Mob: 644(0(7956-334938
> Fax: 644(0(1438-759589
> Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of Ibrahim Gucukoglu
> Sent: 06 May 2014 04.31
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] RNIB and Sendero Group release GPS Solution.
>
> Hi Everyone.
>
> I am delighted to share with you this exciting news: RNIB and Sendero
group have launched a UK version of their iPhone navigation app previously
marketed to the US as the Seeing Eye GPS.  Click on the following link for
more information and to get your one month subscription for just #2.99: