[access-uk] Re: RNIB and Sendero Group release GPS Solution.

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 09:36:01 +0100

Hi Vanja

Like you, I haven't been out with it yet, but have had a play with it.  I
also hold my hands up to not reading the guide yet, but have it on my
note-taker to do so today!

But my best friend in Scotland went out with it yesterday, and there were a
few things he told me he wasn't keen on.  Firstly, there is no favourites
section, so you can't add routes you use regularly.  You can't also add your
own POI's as far as we know.  He also felt it was out quite a bit in terms
of shop location, but is going to try cutting down the distance in settings
and see if this makes a difference.  He is still of a mind that if only
Trekker Breeze updated its maps more frequently, it would definitely be his
preferred GPS system as it is easy to use from his pocket with AfterShokz
headphones on.

But I am sure there will be plenty more discovering to be done on this app
as we all throw in our thoughts and experiences.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate