[access-uk] Re: RNIB PRODUCT BOYCOTT

  • From: James English <james13english@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 18:35:21 +0100

I had someone getting her dog to 'say hello to the lovely clever guide dog.'
"You know it's a guide dog."
"Well yes, obviously."
"What's it doing?"
"I guess it's guiding you somewhere. Why all the questions?"
"If it's guiding me somewhere, what happens when it turns around
because your dog wants to say hello to it?"
"Oh sorry."

*grrrrrrrrrrr*

On 10/9/15, Angel <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If people are stupid enough to wonder how dogs know the busses on which we
are suppose to get. They shouldn't be educated. Because it is beyond them

to learn. If they are normal adults. Supposing to have brains. I ask:
When is the "education" suppose to stop?
From: Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 9 October 2015 2:22 pm

Hi John

I just despair of these people and you are right you tell guide dogs
things
and no notice is taken whatsoever because totally blind people are in a
minority they are just left on the shelf to disappear.

From: Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 9 October 2015 1:59 pm

Hi Ian

I don't know if you read this newspaper but last week in the daily
mirror
there was an article about an American woman who wanted to go blind
which
infuriated me about as much as what you have written has. There was
also
an
advert about fifteen years ago done by action for blind people that
made
us
look totally helpless which annoyed me as well. I don't buy the
rnib's
products as I think they are poor quality most of the time. and when
my
year's subscription is up I don't think I will renew it either.

Janet ps there are still letters at the bottom of your messages.