[access-uk] Re: RNIB Overdrive subscription

  • From: "Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 15:19:00 +0100

Clever stuff, of course! Sorry just asked the question again on my preivous message, not noticing the reply below. Forgive me!

Carol P

From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Saturday, 27 September 2014 6.30 pm

hi carol not at all it is amazing really maybe steve would explain more i
think he's just acquired them but what a diference it makes having an extra
hand free and, it is like a base ball cap

From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Saturday, 27 September 2014 11.22 am

> hi jackie fine the over drive works great for me but i find the app
difficult. can you tell me about the cost of a sub to the audible as i
understand the app is really good.

> changing the subject i must say that i had a really good day on steves
stand at sight village leeds last thursday meeting some really nice people
and was very impressed by the way steve demmoed things and i was so
impressed by the bluetooth in a cap i could not resist it. i think it is a
bit like the afshockx but it gives me hands free gps and access to the voice dream reader for exammple for reading books. i think ian does a good bit of reading on his i device and the thing is about the cap is that noone can see your phone it is not pinchable so to speak. i have just had a walk out this
morning and with grace on my left i have my right hand free now i actually
used blind square and of course i tells you which road your coming up to. i
am not sure what they call the gps in a cap well actually it is a cap with
small speakers in it and you connect a device to it viaa bluetooth. all
exciting stuff hope you like your new i device all the very best then

Education and Libraries Board.  But we have taken out one OverDrive
subscription to share between us.  If we prefer this, we will eventually
transfer our Talking Books subscriptions to OverDrive, but have no intention of doing so for now until everything settles down and works the way we want it to. But for #50 a year, I can't complain. We share an Audible plan, so
have plenty to keep us going.

> It is a pity the whole system does not work the same for everyone
though.

> Kind regards,
>
> Jackie Brown

for the talking book service and at #1 per week i just cannot grumble with
all the cut back in the future we will all be paying for this service soon

Overdrive