[access-uk] Re: RNIB Overdrive subscription

  • From: "Eleanor Martha Burke" <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:22:37 +0100

Maybe RNIB should hold workshops throughout the country and see how many blind people turn up with a device to learn from and from those who do, how well people are coping with it. All very well having a trial period but maybe they need to go out in to the field and do a practical study. ----- Original Message ----- From: "john gallagher" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahimGucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, 28 September 2014 2.33 am

Hi John.

Audible offers subscription packages of credits which you can use toward the purchase of any book on their website. Packages start from just £7.99 with a month's free trial which will get you one book, though packages with up to
24 credits are also available if you want something on an annual basis.
They often have special promotions for Audible members too, buy 2 for 1,
£5.99 sales and 30, sometimes 40 % off all titles being some of the more
common promotions they do.  Audible is part of Amazon and if you own a
Kindle and purchase the requisite EBook version of a title, you can use
whisper synch which keeps your position, bookmarks and notes across both
audio and print editions of your book, so you can start right from where you
left off on either format.

All the best and I hope this gives you the encouragement you need to give
Audible a try, well worth it.

-----Original Message----- From: john gallagher
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2014 11.22 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi jackie fine the over drive works great for me but i find the app
difficult. can you tell me about the cost of a sub to the audible as i
understand the app is really good.

changing the subject i must say that i had a really good day on steves stand at sight village leeds last thursday meeting some really nice people and was very impressed by the way steve demmoed things and i was so impressed by the
bluetooth in a cap i could not resist it. i think it is a bit like the
afshockx but it gives me hands free gps and access to the voice dream reader
for exammple for reading books. i think ian does a good bit of reading on
his i device and the thing is about the cap is that noone can see your phone it is not pinchable so to speak. i have just had a walk out this morning and
with grace on my left i have my right hand free now i actually used blind
square and of course i tells you which road your coming up to. i am not sure
what they call the gps in a cap well actually it is a cap with small
speakers in it and you connect a device to it viaa bluetooth. all exciting
stuff hope you like your new i device all the very best then