[access-uk] RNIB Overdrive - In Touch

  • From: Paul Warner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 20:54:59 +0100

RNIB spokesman on In Touch this evening said that where an existing Talking Book Library member expresses an interest in Overdrive, they will be invited to try out the service for a month. That's not true - not in my case anyway.

Although I established that I was an existing member, the service engaged in a bizarre exchange of emails relating to whether my local authority pays for my subscription and, after my reporting back to the RNIB, I was told that they were going to be talking with 'local authorities' within the next few weeks. They said nothing to me about trying out Overdrive and nothing about what I could do next. They have just left me hanging.

What the hell is going on?

Paul