[access-uk] Re: RNIB Now Selling Long Canes in Different Colours - Import from Canada

  • From: "Barry Hill" <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 08:27:05 +0100

Won't this also detract from the white cane with red stripes denoting
deafblind?  People who do not already know that this striped cane is used by
a deafblind person would at least have questioned the fact that it was
striped and concluded that there was something other than simply blind.  If
these coloured canes become popular,  it will lead to confusion and possibly
disregard for the deafblind cane.

Cheers

Barry