[access-uk] Re: RNIB NAVIGATOR

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 18:53:50 +0100

Hi,

Yes, it will do the same. Stop completely that is. As will any app, unless
there is a system service for it.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close

From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 17.28

Hi Jackie,

This is because they have built in no concept of power management.
For example, if you put the app into the background, it still
constantly uses GPS instead of sending requests every so often.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close

From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim,g;ucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 7.04 am

Hi Carol.

The app is essentially the same, same layout etc. I haven't created
custom POI yet but will do so today when I travel to work in the
morning and try to bookmark the bus stop nearest the RNIB, currently
St Pancras International.

All the best, Ibrahim.