[access-uk] Re: RNIB NAVIGATOR

  • From: "Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 15:05:57 +0100

Yeah, but you can use your carrier for such data, can't you? All appeared to work OK for me on a short walk today with Cellular turned on for the app itself.

Its simplicity makes it attractive but I'll havge to weigh up if it's really going to be worth paying a year's subscription.

That's why I'm interested to learn if later phones are experiencing the same battery lag. If, as Steve suggests, nothing has been built in to stop the constant need for battery then I guess everyone will be in the same boat ...

Carol P

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahimGucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 7.04 am

Hi Carol.

The app is essentially the same, same layout etc. I haven't created a custom POI yet but will do so today when I travel to work in the morning and try to bookmark the bus stop nearest the RNIB, currently St Pancras International.

All the best, Ibrahim.