[access-uk] Re: RNIB Duo Comm Splitter Box

  • From: Aman Singer <aman.singer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:54:03 -0400

Hi George and all,

To add to George's point, keep in mind that a USB device running at
the usual 5V 2A can be powered from a USB battery as well as the PC or
wall. This makes it very portable which would be particularly useful
if one were using it for a cellular phone through Bluetooth. I realize
that the device from the RNIB doesn't do this, but there's no reason
another device wouldn't use Bluetooth and have the usual RJ11 jack so
that one can use it with any phone, mobile or landline.
Aman

On 5/28/15, George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Steve,

I think if one was designing something like this today, it would be good to
consider using a conventional Mains to USB power supply.

I'm seeing more and more of these and love the fact that I have the option
to power from the mains adaptor or my PC.

George