[access-uk] REMOTE ACCESS HOST

  • From: "Margaret Smith" <jamieboy12@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:00:19 -0000

Good morning folks:
Wonder if somebody can help.
In my system tray i keep finding something called Remote Access Host.  When i
hit enter on it I had the option to update or disable, which Windows advised me
not to do.  I had considered doing disabling this as I kept hearing an
intermittent Windows type sound but couldn't find any reason for the obvious
Windows alert.

This morning I got brave enough to update the remote access hosting since
Windows had advised against uninstalling and since I updated I do not get the
noise any more.

Can somebody please explain in simple terms what this remote access hosting is
all about?
Many thanks and I hope somebody can help.
Regards:
MARGARET SMITH.