[access-uk] Re: RECORDINGS FOR WEB SITE

  • From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:38:17 -0000

Hello Carol,

As I know that you already have GoldWave, I would recommend that
you use it for this purpose.

For voice recordings, you could either record your poems onto
cassette and transfer this to your hard disk with GoldWave or
you could simply record them straight to hard disk with your
standard computer mic. I don't know how much Web space is
available to you, but if not much, I would suggest that you
should record in mono and convert the WAV file to an MP3 file
at, say, 32 bit. You can probably get away with a slightly lower
bit rate but you may start to hear loss of quality. If you have
plenty of Web space, you might want to go for an MP3 bit rate of
64.

You could then use such as FTP Explorer to upload these MP3
files to the server. You can get FTP Explorer free from:

www.ftpx.com

HTH,
John.
Author of From The Keyboard Tutorials
for Visually Impaired Computer Users
To view my tutorials, please visit my Website at:
Website: http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard
Tel: 0113 2575957
E-mail: jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx