[access-uk] Re: RECORDING A STREAM

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:15:48 -0000

OK, thanks a lot Richard.

I'll do it Tuesday.

--
Carol
On Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:53 PM (UK time), Richard Godfrey-McKay at richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol, the following has come from David:
"I'm not sure if you've tried the dell website already, but I had a
look on the Dell website for drivers for your XPS M1210 laptop. The
driver for the sigmatel sound card is available from the following
page which contains a "download now" link:
http://tinyurl.com/2uwnck

Also on that page, are the following instructions for enabling stereo
mix:

To enable Stereo Mix:

1. Run Sounds and Audio Devices Properties from Control Panel 2.
Click Audio tab, Volume (Sound Recording) 3. Click Options,
Properties, Recording 4. Enable Stereo Mix slider, click OK 5. Select
Stereo Mix as input device

Just to note that the main page for drivers for your laptop is:
http://tinyurl.com/328nw5

Re the installing of the drivers,
after downloading, run the file (which is r127097 (and an exe file)
and just follow the prompts.  It did work fine for us here.

Suggest you might want to do it when you've got sighted assistance
around, as if the driver doesn't work, you may lose speech unless
you've got a hardware synth available.

Hope this is helpful.

Richard Godfrey-McKay
Tel: (01738) 445 880
Mobile: (07791) 452 593

Please read this special message

My partner, Cindy, is losing weight and at the same time, raising
money for RNIB.

Please go to

www.justgiving.com/slimmercindy

to make a generous donation to RNIB and keep her healthy and
motivated to lose even more weight.42Lb to
date!

Thanks for reading this message.
Richard