[access-uk] Re: R: Re: Anti-virus

  • From: <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:02:34 -0000

So AVG is now owned by Norton. Two anti-virus programs which in their day were the benchmark others were judged by. When Ken Norton launched his security system back in the days of dinosaurs it was fabulous, but he sold the company and it went into rapid decline. Removing it until we knew about the removal tool was imposable. When I had my upgrade a couple of years ago the engineer wanted to install it for me free of charge and 2 years subscription. He got the message and didn't!! AVG at it's outset was another brilliant program but sadly no more. Now we know why. I installed Camwin earlier this week and so far seems very good. Time will tell.

Roger