[access-uk] Re: R: Re: Anti-virus

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:14:26 -0000

I absolutely agree. I even got to the point that they gave me beta versions and I've even worked with them by letting them logging in to my computer and showing them what doesn't work as it should or could be improved so yes, they're one of most pro-activ compnaies out there when it comes to accessibilitty and general customer feedback!

-----Original Message----- From: Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 6:10 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: R: Re: Anti-virus

another vote for eset. norton i hate with a passion and its the anti
virus i've most often had to remove from computers. accessibility isn't
that great from the little i've managed to actually do with it.
kaspersky would be a great solution if accessibility was improved. sadly
they don't seem to take it seriously. as for eset, they take an active
interest in accessibility and try and improve their products based on
feedback.

Mo.

On 14/02/2014 17:54, Vanja Sudar wrote:
For me eset NOD32 does perform the best, is fairly accessible and I will certainly stick to it.

-----Original Message----- From: RMPortal
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 3:59 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] R: Re: Anti-virus

There was an article about anti-virus programmes in "Computer Active"
recently in which the first three from their trials throughout the year were
Kaspersky, Norton and Eset. They found the free security programmes to be
less effective with Avast coming ahead of AVG. They were not impressed with Microsoft Security essentials and said they thought Microsoft were gradually
letting it go. They of course, had nothing about accessibility.
What they said about Norton was interesting in that it had had a few years
of performing badly but had performed consistently well in tests for them
since 2009. It's also one of the cheapest of those which charge - £24 for a licence for a single computer. What I remember about Norton (admittedly over
ten years ago now) is that it slowed the computer down particularly with
booting up. I didn't find it particularly easy to operate either.

I found Eset's Nod 32 took a bit of time to get used to but once I had found out how it worked I could do most things I wanted to. Again, that was about
5 years ago and things have probably changed since then.
I've no idea how accessible Kaspersky is. I would be very interested to know
if anyone has tried it and how accessible it is.

Of the freebies I tried Avast and gave it up almost immediately, it was
almost impossible to do anything.

I let AVTG check e-mails but have to use other programmes for malware.

I think I'm going to have to change something before April when XP support
stops, first and foremost a new OS and then decide on the security
programme.

Best wishes

Robert