[access-uk] R: Re: 2010 Word help please

  • From: "RMPortal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:55:34 +0100

Dear Peter,

The only way I can think of achieving what you want is if there is something
in the original text which distinguishes a genuine paragraph break from the
unwanted ones (perhaps two paragraph breaks in succession).  If there is no
such distinction I think your best bet is to replace all paragraph breaks
with a space and then insert the ones you want manually (as already
suggested).

On the assumption that the breaks you want to retain are different from the
others you need to  replace, you first need to replace  that distinctive
sequence (say two paragraph breaks in succession) by some character not
occurring in the text, replace the other breaks with spaces and then replace
the character with paragraph breaks. This works for me when transferring
parts of the .txt magazines received from Talking Newspapers into a word
document. If this does work you can then record it as a Word Macro meaning
that the whole process takes a second or two.

Best wishes and happy New Year,

Robert