[access-uk] Question re synthesizers

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 13:25:03 +0100

Hi all,
I have received the Talks 3rd edition manual on two audio CD's, and my question
please is. Does anyone know what TTS engine is used to produce those to audio
CD's? The two voices on the two CD's seem to be synthetic but very, very
authentic to the extent that I'm not 100% sure! So if they are synthetic
voices, can I use them with Talks and Jaws? Would they sound as good on my
phone and computer as they sound on the audio CD's?

Excited to get any feedback!

With many thanks,
Amro