[access-uk] Re: Question about running programs as admin in Windows 7

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:40:43 +0100

Yes. Disabling UAC will force programs and services to run as admin. It's a bit like running the same programs and services under XP or earlier.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 25/07/2010 22:35, Elliott Barnes wrote:
Hi guys,
Well, since I've been looking for a PC for a while and since it was my
birthday today, I was finally able to get a machine running Windows 7
Home Premium 64 Bit with 2 GB RAM, and a 320 GB HD.
After doign a bit of research, I was wondering if you guys could help
me with something.
From memories of using Vista in the past, I seem to remember an option
in the right-click context menu of shortcuts and files that was
labeled "Run As Admin". If I can remember correctly, this option, when
exicuted, ran the program using the admin account, meaning that it
could make changes to your system where necessary.
I was wondering, however, if I totaly disable UAC, will I no longer
need to use this Run As Admin option to run programs that require to
be run as admin?
Thanks for any help,