[access-uk] Re: Question: Powerpoint/Skype like applications for the visually impaired?

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:32:38 +0100

Not sure how friendly this is for visually impaired people, but a recent newcomer is Slidepoint.

http://www.slidepoint.net/

At least it doesn't use Flash, and isn't PowerPoint.

The only accessibility app I know for PowerPoint is PowerTalk, which just reads out text from slides, which has its uses, but not many!

As for video chat, sorry, haven't ever tried any of them. I know Yahoo mail can detect a webcam in use.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pollie Barden" <paba77@xxxxxxxxx>