[access-uk] Re: QUESTIONNAIRE FORMATS

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:05:45 +0100

This is a good question Richard.  I find there are pros and cons on HTML
radio botton checking questionnaires etc.

I think, for the most part, that format is a good one.  Usually, with the
magnification I can tab around the text boxes and radio buttons well, plus,
if the speech part works then, that's a lot of help as I only see text boxes
with the level of magnification and not what they are relating too.
That leads me onto the cons, that is, that not all pages of this sort are
noticed by zoomtext's speech so, when in a text box I have to move to move
the mouse to the left to shift the view to what the text box relates to
(i.e. name, address, post code etc).  then, I have to go back to the text
box to enter the correct info.
then, when checking radio buttons, depends on the website and the resources
my graphics card and magnification are putting onto the pc will determine
whether the magnification's movemet will be jittery.  so, when navigating,
checking radio boxes, the magnifier will jump erratically so that I lose
focus on where I am.

So, it depends on a lot of things.  Mostly, HTML questionnaires seem to be
manageable, I don't often come across a bad one.

Justin