[access-uk] Re: QUESTION ABOUT ZENSTONE AND DAISY FORMAT FILES

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:25:23 -0000

Hi Margaret, or is it Doreen?

As Roger says, yes, but you lose a lot of the navigation, like headers and
section traversing.  Also depending on the book's file names, it may not
play on the Zen in the correct order.  So I would disagree with Roger on
that basis and say no, it wouldn't really play Daisy satisfactorily, unless
you are absolutely sure the files are in the right order by their naming
conventions.  I know people say don't bother with Daisy players because
Daisy works on MP3 players, but I think the navigation is nice.

All the best

Steve

  _____