[access-uk] Re: Pure Move DAB radio

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:46:38 -0000

Yeah Barry I agree it is an expensive beast and, arguably, not worth it pound for pound against other radios on the market. But if you take it on sound and what it offers the listener, then it is worth the money. I'm not a great fan of the Pure range to be honest, and of all the DABS I've ever played around with, the Dualit just wipes the floor with the lot of them. But again that's just me and personal taste.

For what it's worth though,
www.johnlewis.com
is a good website to browse DAB radios, and an even better store to visit if there is one near you. Their range of DAB radios is superb, and they let you try them all out. They all also come with a two-year guarantee which is useful. It's only a fool who'd ever offer to go with me to John Lewis. I could and have spent hours and hours in there, sitting on a stool at the DAB section and quite happily playing with them all while my husband and friends clear off and leave me to it. The staff are really great and don't mind trying them all out for you. I pity help the poor sod who gets me (smiles).

Good luck with mugging the tooth fairy then!!

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry G" <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>