[access-uk] Re: Project Gutenberg Help Please

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:44:10 +0100

Alan, I believe  that I did reply to Margaret's query agreeing that the
Gutenberg site itself is not very friendly but suggesting that Accessible
Gutenberg (which is installed along with Webbie 3.3.2) may offer an easier
alternative.   But on trying the latter I still had problems getting books to
download, so I decided to keep quiet in future!

However I have now found that on
http://download.webbie.org.uk
there is a stand alone version of Webbie 3.3.2.  Instead of installing, you
simply unzip the downloaded archive and put the files in a suitble folder.
To my surprise running the Gutenberg.exe included, enabled me to
download books quite easily.    I have no idea why this behaves differently,
but thought it worth passing on the information.

Hope that helps,

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison