[access-uk] Re: Problems with my bluetooth case or rather the keyboard that comes with it for my window's8.1 tablet can someone help?

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:46:36 +0000

Hello, Thanks for this and sorry for jumping the gun, I did say you recommended the case as you did say it was available. thanks for the url for it I will try this later I hope I get it working how did you get on with your case?

On 02/12/2014 20:07, Edward Green wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Yes I mentioned the existence of this case back in July.  I wouldn’t go as far
as saying I recommended it as mine hadn’t arrived when I mentioned it.

Part of the problem may be that the case (or at least the keyboard part of it)
works on Windows, Android and iOS, and you have to press a key combination to
put it into Windows mode when you turn the tablet on.  You need to press FN e.
This should mean that combinations like alt f4 close apps/programs as they’re
supposed to.

I posted to the list about one issue when my case arrived, namely I couldn’t
get the control key to work.  I hope you don’t have this issue.

I hope pressing FN e makes the case work better for you, but if it doesn’t, the Amazon URL is
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooper-Cases-Executive-Removable-Rechargeable-Black/dp/B00JWN7MQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405337829&sr=1-1&keywords=Toshiba+Encore+Bluetooth+Keyboard+Case

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooper-Cases-Executive-Removable-Rechargeable-Black/dp/B00JWN7MQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405337829&sr=1-1&keywords=Toshiba+Encore+Bluetooth+Keyboard+Case>

Cheers,

Ed
On 1 Dec 2014, at 22:07, Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Someone on this list put me onto a tablet case for my encore window's8.1
tablet,   I think it may have been Edward Green but not sure.

Anyway I have problems with the keyboard it is a bit short on keys,   so has an
fn key now if I press the fn key f and where I think f 4 should be it doesn't
close window's down like it should on a proper keyboard it says things like
copy it is a strange keyboard and I really don't like it much can anyone help
does anyone have this tablet?   does anyone have this case I got it on amazon,
 I could I suppose try and see if I still have the url for the case but hope
the person who recommended the case might be able to help or say no this is no
good thanks in advance.