[access-uk] Problems setting up microphone

  • From: "Ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:20:28 +0200

Hi guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me here, I don't know what setting to change. I've
been using a microphone ok, so it's not anything to do with the hardware
itself. Someone has unfortunately changed one of the settings on this computer,
so that, when I speak into the microphone to test it, as the recording I get
JAWS speaking back to me, and the microphone's not working. The checkbox in
volume control by mute microphone is not checked, but it seems to me that there
is some or other setting that's not right, even when I try and use the echo
test, instead of my speech into the Microphone, I just hear this recording of
JAWS repeating what it has said. The Microphone is plugged into the correct
jack, it's actually a sort of headset thing.
Thanks
Ari