[access-uk] Re: Problems programming with speech

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:00:15 +0100

Hi,

Yes, this is a problem, and in general I don't think there are any easy answers...like most other things, I think it's one of those we can get quicker at just by experience but still things take us longer.

But I would suggest you ask for any advice on the blindprogramming list if you haven't already. Go to www.blindprogramming.com for info.

Also I notice you said that when reading http://www.google .com by word you got the wholt string of text. But when I read it by word (starting at the beginning and pressing ctrl right) I hear
"http"
"colon"
"http slash slash www" (strange!)
"period"
"google"
"period"
"com"

I don't know why mine says "http colon slash slash www" after having said "colon". But for the rest of it - mine is reading by words. If I understand you correctly yours wasn't reading like this. Perhaps it's something to do with some configuration - maybe punctuation...? (I don't know)

Catherine
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>