[access-uk] Re: Problems connecting to the net since upgrading to IE7

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:39:33 -0000

Sunil, I was just about to write a similar message to yours. My mum is
having the same problem. She upgraded to IE7 and since then has been unable
to access the internet using her BT Broadband Router.

Interestingly enough we can still get email just fine using OE.

I've removed IE7 but we are still not able to access the internet.

My best suggestion is that her firewall Panda Titanium is blocking IE for
some reason. I assume that when we upgraded IE Panda assumed it was a new
piece of software trying to access an external port and blocked it. I'm
going to try and disable the firewall to see if we then get access.

Will let you know how we get on.
Yusuf