[access-uk] Re: Problem with the updated Tesco site

  • From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 11:12:59 +0100

As many websites are very much a pain for us screen reader users I don't think this group would mind you putting this contact address on for all to make use of.

After all it's all technology based.
Hazel
On 25/05/2014 10:57, Mike wrote:
Hello Everyone

I have had a lot of problems using the Tesco Site and have decided to move back to Sainsburys. However, Sainsburys also have a number of issues but at least their Web team are listening. I have been in regular contact with one of the Web designers and they are trying to make the Site more accessible.

I hope I am not contravening any list rules by saying this but there is a new email group especially for discussing problems with shop Web Sites and hopefully, overcoming the accessibility problems. If anyone would like the address, please contact me directly. The list has only just been opened and it may take a little time for subscription requests to me processed.

Mike.

At 07:11 25/05/2014, you wrote:
Hello Yusuf.

I booked a delivery slot on Thursday evening last and it was ok. Just
as unusable as usual. I find with NVDA and Firefox the way to check the
radio buttons in the delivery slots table is to navigate to the right
table cell and then use the right arrow to creep along the text in the
cell until the cursor hits the radio button and then press the space bar.

The thing I usually have trouble with is the 'verified by visa' page.

Ringing Tesco to complain is like spitting into the wind though. You
will just get the verbal equivalent of a blank stare.

Mike

On 23/05/2014 18:23, Yusuf wrote:
> Hi, Apologies if you see this twice. Has anyone attempted to book a
> delivery slot on Tesco within the last day or 2? I did my usual shop
> on Wednesday night and found that when I came to book the delivery
> slot, Window Eyes did not identify the radio buttons for the hour
> slots as it has previously done. I simply got a silence. I was using
> IE, whatever the latest is. A friend also tried using both Jaws and
> Voice Over and had the same problem. A sighted person selected the
> time slot I wanted and I completed the checkout process. I then rang
> Tesco to complain. If anyone else experiences the same problem please
> ring them. I got a information email yesterday saying that Tesco have
> updated their site to supposedly make it better to use, well in my
> case they've made it impossible to check out.
> Yusuf

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Call-sign: G4XBF, licensed since 1982

The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux

Raspberry VI:
http://www.raspberryvi.org/
NVDA, the best free screen-reader in the world:
http://www.nvda-project.org/