[access-uk] Problem with speakers

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:58:40 +0100

Hi all

The problem I am having is with my PC speakers. The unit is about four years
old. The device I am using is a Samsung TV with PC connectivity. So it has the
screen and speakers and is connected to the PC via all the correct cables.

Today when I came back to the PC the sound has gone all distorted. It is tinny
and vibrating if that makes sense? Rather like something is loose or how cheap
speakers go when you turn them up too loud. I have checked all the wires and no
loose connections. I have restarted the PC several times but no joy. This has
happened a couple of times in the last month or so, but usuallly a restart
solves the problem.

So, what can I do to discover if the problem is with the PC or the speakers?
And any ideas what the problem might be? It would be impossible to listen to
this for long periods of time.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046