[access-uk] Problem with list

  • From:
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:40:10 +0100

OK.  I hold my hands up here.  My fault. Let me
try and explain.

The change had actually been made with good
intentions, and in all of your interests.  The
idea of not displaying the Sender's address was to
try and prevent e-mail address harvesting programs
(known collectively as "Robots") from collecting
all of your addresses, for the purpose of adding
them to spamming lists.

The alternative is to have to approve each
application for membership in an effort to ensure
such robots don't join for a short period, and
then leave after collecting the data they want.
However, this would just make the joining process
more tedious, and cause the moderators too much
extra work.

However, clearly you all don't like this change,
so it's back as it was.

George Bell.
-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat