[access-uk] Re: Problem with floppy drive

  • From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:08:39 +0100

Hello Catherine,

If Explorer works on other drives OK and if it's not a
particular floppy disk which is faulty, unfortunately, it looks
like it may be the actual floppy drive itself which has become
faulty. I've had to change two floppy drives in one of my PCs in
the last two years because of this.

Try blowing or sucking any dust out of it with your vacuum
cleaner before giving up on the drive and replacing it and
perhaps a local engineer could check it out for you and make a
diagnosis.

HTH,
John.
Author of From The Keyboard Tutorials
for Visually Impaired Computer Users
To view my tutorials, please visit my Website at:
Website: http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard
Tel: 0113 2575957
E-mail: jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx