[access-uk] Problem with blocked ports

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 19:18:07 +0100

I wonder if anyone can answer this one?  I use a program called echolink which
is a program for amateur radio operators.  The program worked ok until recently
when I find that I cannot connect to anyone and after a minute it times out.
On reading the help information there is a link which enables you to check that
your system is set up to handle the echolink program.  I am informed that ports
1958 and 1959 are blocked.  It is not my kerio personal firewall that is
blocking these ports  as I have tried it with the firewall disabled.  I guess
it must be something to do with the modem I am using which is one which was
originally supplied for talk talk.  I am unable to find the modem in programs
as I could with my previous one. Has anyone any ideas?