[access-uk] Re: Problem with Windows Live and new Virgin connection, for a friend

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:59:49 -0000

Why not just use skype?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:45 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Problem with Windows Live and new Virgin connection, for a friend

A friend and I agree Microsoft are having issues connecting to Windows Live, as, for no particular reason, I could be talking to somebody, like Hannah, then all of a sudden we appear offline. The only resolution is to completely close Messenger then restarting it. So my friend Lewis and I think Microsoft are having problems at their end. But we will see and I will keep you updated. Any more ideas are certainly very welcome.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 17/02/2010 16:21, Carol Pearson wrote:
I think she may end up having to call Virgin Media about this one ...
unless anyone else has ideas!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Chris Hallsworth"
<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
<access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:08 PM
new Virgin connection, for a friend

Replying to my own message. At her flat she is using a
D-Link wireless router whilst at home she is using a
Belkin one.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 16/02/2010 19:02, Chris Hallsworth wrote:
Hello all,
Hannah had her network installed today. She is with
Virgin cable. Everything seems to work except Windows
live. Now when she is at home, using the same
provider, it works fine. As she's only gone live today, is it
posssible that they've not activated all the ports,
except for internet and e-mail? Please reply soon as
she is thinking of
contacting them if the issue hasn't been resolved by
the time she's moved in properly, which is this
Thursday. Thank you very much. Take care.
From Chris.
** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following link:- **
** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click on the ** immediately-following link:-
**
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a
message, to
faq