[access-uk] Problem with USB microphone solved!

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:51:38 -0000

Hi Everyone.
Thanks to everyone who contributed with possible solutions to my microphone
dilemma both on and off list. After consulting Blue’s technical support
department, I discovered that due to the technology within the Blue Tiki
microphone, Windows sees this device as both an input and output sound source.
The way i solved this problem was to tell JAWS to use my internal sound card,
after which I had no problem using the microphone and configuring the sound
settings so that now the microphone is input only, as it rightly should be.
This is an excellent microphone for podcasting and Skype calling, so anyone who
does either should seriously consider this very inexpensive gadget, I believe
its around £30 from PC world currently.
All the best, Ibrahim.