[access-uk] Re: Problem with Owasys 22C mobile phone

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:23:48 +0100

hi clive.

I would advise anyone to leave this phone well, well alone.  There are the
problems you mention plus an issue with the audio on incomming calls being
muted if the volume is fully turned up.  Add to this the fact that you can't
send a text message over 160 characters as far as i know.

Worryingly, I don't think there is any way of backing up data to another
source so, if something goes wrong with the phone, tough luck.  You've lost
all your contacts!  You may not feel confident with computers but at least
with the ability to back up your data a friend may be able to back them up
for you.

So yes I have heard of the problem you mention but have no solution for it.
The phone has I believe been out for 2 years and to my knowledge no upgrade
to the original version has ever been produced to overcome bugs that existed
in the original.

Cheers

Graham