[access-uk] Re: Problem with NVDA8.1

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:08:39 +0100 (CET)

Martin,

Can't see how NVDA could be diverting you in that fashion. It simply reports
whatever material is in focus. Have you checked your machine for malware? using
an ad-blocking add-on may help as well.

Vince.

Message Received: Jan 20 2014, 05:25 PM
From: "Martin"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Problem with NVDA8.1

Hi all

could someone help please.

I have just installed the latest version of NVDA on a tablet running windows
Xp.

However, I seem to have a problem when trying to sign into web pages or try
entering my details on web pages, as the screen reader diverts me to an
advertising page and I am not able to enter the information.

Is there any way of turning these adverts off, or is there a setting I can
change to prevent the adverts appearing and allow me to access webpages
properly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Martin