[access-uk] Problem with NAS Drive

  • From: Yusuf <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:00:39 +0100

Hi, I have a NAS hard drive that was connected to my router with an Ethernet cable and was accessible across my network wirelessly. for the last couple of days I've been unable to access the NAS drive on my laptop wirelessly or on my desktop which

is physically connected to the router as well.
I believe the NAS drive is still being recognised by the router as when it is switched on, a device is being shown as being connected in the list of attached devices in the router's settings and when the NAS drive is turned off that device disappears. The NAS drive does not however show up in the list of available network items on either my laptop or desktop. Both computers use Windows7 and I have been able to access the NAS drive by typing network into the search box from the start menu. I have tried restarting both computers, restarting the NAS drive and restarting the
router and modem.
I'm presuming the unnamed device that appears in the routers settings is the NAS drive as the only other thing that is physically connected is my desktop and that is identified. The modem wouldn't appear as a separate device would it? And if it
did it wouldn't disappear when the NAS drive is turned off.
Yusuf