[access-uk] Problem setting up a Yahoo.co.uk account

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:43:15 -0000

   Hi all,

As well as this new Freeuk account I am also trying to set up and access a
yahoo.co.uk account which will be strictly for yahoo groups lists mail.

I have the settings but when I try to log in via Outlook Express to the
Yahoo account I keep receive a dialogue box asking for my user name and
password.(please note I have to dial up to the Yahoo account via the freeuk
account's dial-up because there is no yahoo Dial-up facility).

I have been on to the site and I can log in to look at E-mail there, but I
have not re-joined any yahoo groups through my Yahoo account as yet, as I
can not access it through Outlook Express.

When I try to download mail from both accounts at the same time, the freeuk
account works but the yahoo account does not and when I cancel the download
the following error shows up for the yahoo account.

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
rejected. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Error logging in. Please visit
http://mail.yahoo.com', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Can anyone throw any light on why this is happening please.

Alexander Shannon